Netgear is a prominent name in the wireless devices industry. Netgear WiFi range extenders are widely used to amplify as well as boost the range of existing wireless network. This article is about how you can install and set up your Netgear EX7000 extender in order to amplify and expand the already available signal to reach every dimension of your home. By simply performing Netgear extender EX7000 setup, you get your home network accessible to your extender. Let us proceed to the process.
Netgear EX7000 Extender Physical Configuration
To configure your Netgear extender, you need to perform the following steps.
- Begin by un-boxing the Netgear EX7000 extender. Be mindful of all the accessories, user manual, cables, adaptors, etc. that came along with the device in the packing. You will need them.
- Now, establish a connection between your Netgear extender as well as the router, which can be done in either way:
- Wired– Put to use an Ethernet cable to connect both devices. Make sure that you make a secure connection between them. Also, prefer using the same Ethernet cable that you received along with the Netgear EX7000 in the box.
- Wireless– Use your existing wireless network settings to get access from the router to your Netgear EX 7000 extender.
Note: Though, you have two options to connect the devices, it is always recommended to make a wired connection using an Ethernet cable as this is more reliable than the wireless one.
- The next step is to power up the Netgear EX7000 range extender. Prefer using the same power adapter that you got along with the extender. Plug it into the electrical wall socket. Turn the power on. You will notice that the LEDs will start flickering and soon power LED should turn solid green.
Netgear EX7000 Setup Using Web Interface
Here comes the main setup process of your Netgear EX7000 extender. Make sure that you do not skip any step here and follow all the steps religiously in order to avoid any errors later. Here, we would like to specify that you can make use of either the web address www.mywifiext.net or the default IP address 192.168.1.250 to get to the Netgear Genie setup page. The steps are:
- Open your computer or laptop to open a web browser. You may also use any web browser of your preference. Some of the most commonly used browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc. Use any of these as you feel comfortable.
- Without making any spelling mistakes you also need to enter the web address www.mywifiext.net or the IP address in the URL bar of the browser. No spelling error is to avoid landing on to any anonymous web page.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Click on New Extender Setup.
- You will see a few fields that need to be filled by you.
- Click on Next.
- Select WiFi Range Extender option.
- Choose the wireless network that you also want to extend using your extender.
- Click on Next.
- Finally save the settings.
- All you need to do next is follow the instructions you see on the screen to complete the entire setup.
Voila! The entire EX7000 installation process is quite easy and can be done without any hassle.
Once the process is done, you need to place your Netgear EX7000 extender near a place where you want to extend and expand your existing network. Also, make certain that the EX7000 extender should be in the range of the router network. Now onwards, if you want to make any changes in the extender settings, simply do mywifiext login to get to the Netgear EX7000 settings page and make the desired modifications.