If you are a Netgear range extender owner, then you should know how to create a backup file of the current settings of your device. You should also be acquainted with the process to restore the same on your device. What was that? Did you ask why there is a need to know such a thing? Well, this is to help you avoid any trouble. Now, you will ask what kind of trouble are we talking about. We are coming to that. Suppose you need to do the factory reset on your Netgear extender. This will delete all your customized data from the device. Right? What will you do if you need all the data back? Simple! Create a backup of the current settings of your Netgear range extender and once the reset is done, restore the same settings.
Now your next question would be how this can be done. The answer is by simply doing the Netgear WiFi extender login and getting on the settings.
Let us now proceed to the details of the procedure.
Netgear Range Extender Backup & Restore Steps
Step 1: Create the Backup for Netgear Range Extender
In this step, we will save all the current settings like configuration settings, password, access schedule, WiFi settings and any other customized preferences made by you to your device. We will save and create a backup of your data at any desired location on your computer which will be used later.
Here is how you can create a backup of your extender’s settings:
- Quickly, lay your hands on a laptop or PC and power it up.
- Launch a browser of your choice.
- Avoiding any typos, enter the Netgear extender login address www.mywifiext.net as well as hit Enter.
- Netgear extender login window will open up.
- You will also need to enter the username and password in the boxes. Type the correct login credentials.
- Click on the Log In button.
- You will be navigated to the Netgear Genie page.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Also, click on Other option now. This will open the Other settings page.
- Click on the Backup button.
- Save the current settings of your Netgear range extender at any suitable location on your computer.
This creates a backup of the current settings of your extender. We proceed to the next step now.
Step 2: Restore the Settings
Follow the below given points to get the settings restored, when needed, on your Netgear range extender.
- Again log in to your Netgear range extender and get to the Netgear Genie page in the same manner as done previously.
- After that, go to Settings.
- Click on Other to open the Other settings page.
- On this page, click on the Browse button which you will find under Restore option.
- You will also need to navigate to the location where the backup file was saved by you in the previous step.
- Select the backup file.
- Click on Restore button to restore the same settings on your Netgear extender.
- Finally click on Yes in the extender’s restore confirmation page.
- This will upload the backup file and restore it on your Netgear range extender.
You can now at any time create the backup and restore the current settings of your Netgear range extender by doing mywifiext.local login. You can also restore the settings of your extender if you happened to reset it to the default factory settings. Additionally, if you changed the password and forgot it now, you can follow the same procedure.
Read more- Ultimate Hacks to Boost Netgear AC1750 Router Performance